I feel elegant: only when I feel comfortable.
My dream outfit: a black dress cut perfectly, high heels and one piece of jewellery at a time, preferably earrings.
Best gift ever: a letter and a trip to Tanzania with my father and my husband.
In my suitcase: lots of options. Jeans and trousers, trainers and heels, a dress and a blazer, lightweight jumpers and tops, a knee-length, oversize men’s overcoat. An evening bag, all brightly coloured.
Suitcase tip: before you close it, check the outfits one by one.
Don’t leave without: my jammies: I simply can’t do without them.
Music: house music when I’m walking around or playing a sport. I like David Matthew’s band, very instrumental. For dancing, Latin music: I adore Juanes.
The book: I’m reading “Entre Limones”, by Chris Stewart, with a very optimistic plot line, which relaxes me.
The movie: I love “Out of the Furnace”, a Scott Cooper film, in which good triumphs over evil.
Interiors: more full than empty, but no exhibitionism. I lean towards an abundance of light, high ceilings and pavements in wood or terracotta. My colour preferences are black, white and fuchsia.
Fears: towards all the people I love. And solitude: it’s positive, when it’s what you’re looking for, but when it’s imposed it can be horrible.
Never: wear too tight clothes.
Always: flats or high heels, choosing the right model for the occasion.
Most-used App: Whatsapp, although I hate to be reachable 24 hours a day. Shazam and Spotify I really enjoy using.
- Sunday, the El Rastro vintage market, between Calle Embajadores and the Ronda de Toledo, including Plaza de Cascorro. It’s Madrid’s “flea market”.
- From Monday on. Breakfast at the great wooden tables at El Perro y la Galleta, in calle de Claudio Coello.
- Lunch at Juana la Loca, in Plaza de Puerta de Moros, the Tapas bar at La Latina, always full, have to book or you won’t get a table: the tortilla de papas with caramelised onions, courgette rolls stuffed with cod and peppers, jamon iberico and pan con tomate.
- Walk through the El Retiro park, opposite the Horcher restaurant.
- Shopping in the area around Calle Fernando VI, for perfume by Alvarez Gomez, too.
- Sweet afternoon snack at San Gines where you will get the best churros in town.